Landscaping is a great way to enhance the look of your place while challenging your skills to think of fresh ideas. Oftentimes, gardeners will opt for solid rock formation or concrete to landscape their garden or backyard. But if you want to add both drama and practicality, choose climbing vines. They are easy to plant and only need trellis to fashionably climb towards the top.
When choosing a climbing vine for your garden, you need to choose a variety that works well in your area. If you are maintaining a theme garden then climbing vines are ideal as well since they are available in wide array of variations. You can choose from flowery, soft, thick and green vines. Also don’t forget to make use of trellis or landscape fence as this complements the vines.
Benefits of Planting Landscape Vines
These twisting and turning vines have lots of advantages on your garden. It is a creative plant used to landscape a specific part of your home.
- Prevents Soil Erosion – vines are living screens as they use tendrils to link with nearby plants so they are sturdier than an average plant. These vines can grow horizontally or vertically covering a large area of the area.
- Easy to Plant – if gardening is a hobby, then this plant is for you. Vines are easy to plant compared to any other plant in your garden.
- Easy Maintenance – vines need little time for maintenance to grow healthy. As long as they have trellis to climb on, they just grow on their own.
- Grows on Limited Space – these climbing plants are ideal on small gardens as they can grow vertically. So with them, you can create a lovely landscape without the need of a bigger place.
Landscape Fence with your Vine
Aside from trellis, a landscape fence works beautifully with vines. It helps in the curvature of the climbing plants. This fence is custom-made, artistic, unique and fits in whatever garden scenario.
- Privacy Fence – tall privacy fence adds texture and enhance backyard landscape. Usually thick vines climb on them so it can work its purpose, to separate parts of the garden – keeping privacy.
- Wrought iron fence – railings made of wrought iron are great for opening up a space between two partitioned spaces while still providing a soft screen. Plant some flowery ivy to add color on the entire look.
- Standard Wood Fence – woods are commonly used as fence because they serve their purpose in screening some area while you can easily be creative with woods.
- Arbor on Gardens – if you like to experience a princess-like feeling when entering your garden, arbor trellis is the best option. Flowering vines can grow on them easily, just be careful in treating them while they are growing. Also, trees and shrubs will look good with this kind of arbor so you can plant them beside it.
These vines keep on growing everyday so as much as possible, give time to cut and trim them if necessary. This will allow you to decorate the vine in whatever design you want it to follow and this way the plants will stay in specific areas. Plus, these vines can crawl on your fences – after all, they’re fast growing climbers. Don’t forget to add these vines on your next landscape project for a better garden view.